Further information about a range of psychological issues, treatment and support can be found on the websites listed below.
Links are attached for your convenience.
In a Crisis
General Information about Psychological treatments
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Office of the Public Advocate and State Administrative Tribunal = a service which makes / reviews orders for the appointment of guardians and administration of people who might have decision-making disability and considers applications for intervention through Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPA’s) or applications in respect of EPA’s – http://www.sat.justice.wa.gov.au/G/guardianshipAdministration.aspx
- National Resource Center for Traumatic Brain Injury at Virginia Commonwealth University = articles and brochure discussing aspects of living with a TBI – http://www.tbinrc.com/articles
- Brain Injury Australia – www.braininjuryaustralia.org.au/
- Disability Services Commission – www.disability.wa.gov.au
- PsyBite = a website with information about studies of treatments for psychological and neuropsychological disorders for people with brain injury – http://www.psycbite.com/
- Projectlearnnet = a resource for parents, teachers, clinicians and students designed to provide information about aspects of behavioural, cognitive, and emotional changes that can impact an individual with brain injury. The site also provides useful procedures/strategies for remediation – http://projectlearnet.org/
- Learning Toolbox = tools and resources to enable students with learning disorders to be better learners – http://coe.jmu.edu/learningtoolbox/index.html
- Scope = mental health fact sheets designed for people with communication/cognitive difficulties written in plain and easy to understand language – http://www.scopevic.org.au/index.php/site/whatweoffer/research/researchprojects/inclusion/thebridgingproject/resources#Sheets
Information about other health conditions