Getting to your appointment
Our office is conveniently located at ground level on Roberts Road in the Subi Centro District within 350m of the Subiaco Train station. It is easily accessible by wheelchair from the station. The outside of our offices looks like this:
Catch a train to Subiaco Station on the Fremantle Line, then walk 350m along Roberts Road in a westerly direction.
There are a number of easy options for parking near our offices
- There are five free 2-hour car bays located directly outside the premise on Roberts Road, these are quite busy at some times of day.
- Subi Centro Underground Carpark below Woolworths (entry off Station Street, free ticket available).
- Station Street Coles/Target complex underground parking
- A Wilson Pay Carpark is located directly across the road from Solutions Health Psychology on the corner of Roberts Road and Station Street, this includes 2 Disabled Bays (entry off Station Street).
- Street parking (paid ticket machine) is also available behind our building on Alvan Street and Railway Road, Subiaco.
How long is my appointment ?
Clinical Psychology appointments are generally 50 minutes in duration.
Clinical Neuropsychology assessments are usually conducted over a number of hours, or even full days and you may require more than one appointment. Our reception will advise you of your appointment details at time of booking depending on your needs.
What to bring to my appointment:
- A copy of your referral (if it has not already been provided)
- A list of your current medications
- Reading glasses and hearing aids if you wear them
- Copies of medical documentation regarding recent health issues or hospital admissions
- Reports from any cranial investigations (e.g. head MRI scan; CT scan; EEG)
You will receive an SMS to confirm your appointment 3 days prior to your scheduled appointment date.
Confidentiality and Privacy
We are committed to protecting your privacy and treat all the information you provide to us with care. Personal information will not be shared with external parties without your consent, with the exception of where we have a duty of care to keep you or others safe, or where legal obligations apply.
Our practice adheres to the strict standards set and monitored by the Australian Psychological Society in the APS Code of Ethics and the APS Charter for Clients.
We will ask you what other health care practitioners you would like kept informed of your treatment so that care can be provided collaboratively where appropriate.
If you have been referred under a Medicare funded scheme, we are required to inform your referrer that you have attended treatment.
We will discuss your privacy and the confidentiality of information you provide further with you at your initial appointment. It is important to us that you feel comfortable that your privacy is respected at all times and invite you to ask us about any queries you might have in this regard.